Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Old Self-Portrait


I did this in Art Class when I was 16 (2008) and I was quite proud of it. My parents never expressed as much emotion as my art teacher, so I kind of forgot about it for a long time and became a shame because for a long time I thought it wasn't as good as I believed, but my mother sent me this pictures, so I'm guessing she now likes it, and it has become a reason for being proud again.
I had never used chalk before, so that was a challenge that you can see I had to fight through this piece, starting with the bottom and finishing with the face, that doesn't look at all like me, but I think it's quite ok.
I don't like the face, but I love the hands and the top of the shirt, and I'm pretty happy with the hair.


Sad thing is that I don't think I've gotten much better since this because this is the first and only chalk piece I've ever done, and I feel like if I wanted to do another, I'd have to start from the beginning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment